Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Cleaning Leather and other Leather topics.
Old leather can return to its original appearance by applying moisture to the fabric. Many people recommended a solution in a ratio of 1:2 of white vinegar and an oil, such as linseed or mink oil. To nourish old leather:
· Obtain a dry chamois cloth
· Apply the vinegar and oil mixture to the leather to be restored.
· Using round strokes, wipe the leather for at least 15 minutes ensuring the whole surface is covered.
· Use another dry chamois cloth to remove the excess solution.
· Let the leather dry to a shine.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|