Old leather can return to its original appearance by applying moisture to the fabric. Many people recommended a solution in a ratio of 1:2 of white vinegar and an oil, such as linseed or mink oil. To nourish old leather:
· Obtain a dry chamois cloth
· Apply the vinegar and oil mixture to the leather to be restored.
· Using round strokes, wipe the leather for at least 15 minutes ensuring the whole surface is covered.
· Use another dry chamois cloth to remove the excess solution.
· Let the leather dry to a shine.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|