Maintaining Your Leather Goods
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Cleaning Leather and other Leather topics.
What are some tips to help me maintain my leather goods?
Leather is not a synthetic fabric manufactured in a laboratory. For this reason, your leather garments should undergo maintenance periodically. Various ways to maintain leather include:
- Using a leather protectant.
- Storing leather in a cool, dry place.
- Using cleaning agents specific for leather goods.
- Keeping wax based products away from leather.
- Keeping the leather garment away from direct sunlight.
- Using a conditioner to restore moisture to leather.
- Keep hairsprays, deodorants, and perfumes away from leather.
- Having your leather clothing professionally cleaned and serviced as needed.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.